Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

A daytrip to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia


It's half past 6am when I reached Kuala Lumpur It was a deep slumber compared to last night's train ride.
Sadly I forgot to exchange my dollars to ringgit, only realised it when I felt my stomach
growling.
KL Sentral Station
I sat on one of the bench located inside KL Sentral.It is still dark outside besides I don't have money to spend.Ill wait for the shops to open.
I'm starting to get sleepy again when I noticed an old lady having difficulty carrying her huge bags. She was the same lady in Hat Yai station.
I chatted with her once but probably because of lack of sleep last night I didnt noticed she rode the same train.I offered my assistance and saw a relief on her face.

breakfast time =)

I accompanied her up to her hostel in Jalan Petaling. And maybe as a form of appreciation she treated me for breakfast.
Her name is Alena 75yo and wandering around the world alone for the last couples of years. Kuala Lumpur is her last stop before going back home in New Zealand. I enjoyed our chit chat over a cup of coffee. When I was sitting in KL Sentral waiting for the shops to open I realized the hardship of travelling alone.
As I bid goodbye to Alena I thanked her for the breakfast and for 3 cans of coke she gave to me. I checked my watch it's 9am in the morning. Ill officially start my day tour. Hello Kuala Lumpur!
planning my route
From Jalan Petaling I  walked to the central market to  exchange my dollars. Then rode the train back to KL Sentral. I'm excited! At KL Central I ordered a breakfast meal at KFC while planning my itinerary and familiarize myself with the map and  the places that i will be visiting.
Maps are available for free at KL Sentral
English speaking customer help at the concierge ground floor (KL Sentral)

My first stop Batu Caves located at Gombak district in Selangor. Approximately 13kms away from the city  accessible via 30minutes train ride from KL Sentral for 6MYR ( i think cant remember )
Batu Caves Selangor
It is one of the iconic destination near KL. The cave is one of the most famous Hindu shrines outside India,  It is the focal point of Hindu festival of Thaipusam in Malaysia.Wooden steps up to the Temple Cave were built in 1920 and have since been replaced by 272 concrete steps. Of the various cave temples that comprise the site, the largest and best known is the Temple or Cathedral Cave, so named because it houses several Hindu shrines beneath its 100 m vaulted ceiling. ( source wiki)
long way up!
Lord Murugan and Hanuman guarding Batu Caves
monkeys and 272 tiring steps going up
Monkeys are just around the corner.The  Hindus consider them sacred, though I got scared at one point. I managed to go up slowly and believe me its not that easy.


From Batu Caves I went back to KL Sentral. I still have my KFC sandwich and 3 cans of coke for lunch. I ate my sandwich and continue my journey to Bukit Bintang.

Opposite KL Sentral is the monorail station. I rode the train going to Bukit Bintang. Alighted at Bukit Bingtang station, there's a direct link to the mall adjacent the station. I went straight to Giant supermarket located at the basement of Sungwei Wang Plaza.
traffic at Bukit Bintang

Bought berryls and cadbury chocolates. The I strolled Jalan Alor. I didn't noticed the time as I get busy with the shops around Bukit Bintang. I walked and walked then i realized im a bit far now from the train station. From a distance I saw the KL Menara Tower so I though of walking til I reach the tower. It was probably a 1km walk from Bukit Bintang. Tired and thirsty I manged to get to KL Menara. Take a couple of pictures then head to Petronas Tower.

KL Menara Tower and my haggardness

Known as Petronas Tower but for the locals it KLCC Suria. Its almost 5 in the afternoon when I set my foot at KLCC Suria. Surprisingly the sun is still evident.I waited outside KLCC for the sunset outside, together with other tourist waiting for the Twin Tower to glimmer. By 8pm the Twin tower boast its beauty in the center of Kuala Lumpur as it sparkle.
glittering Petronas Tower

From KLCC Suria I rode the train back to KL Sentral. The train fare from KL Sentral to Woodlands Singapore cost me 34MYR .It will take 7hours to get to Singapore. At exactly 10pm I'm now bound to where I started Singapore.

No comments:

please also read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...