Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

A trip to Floating Market Damnoen Saduak


Damnoen Saduak -  is a district (Amphoe) in central Thailand in the province Ratchaburi. The central town is most famous because of its floating market held every day till noon on a khlong not far from the district office. However as it has become a prime tourist attraction of the Bangkok vicinity the market has lost its authenticity. (source wiki)
Welcome to Damnoen Saduak


After spending hours mending my stomach I still managed to get up early. Tour day!
7am is the call time and its almost 6:45 am in Bangkok. Am I late? I told myself it seems that everyone is packed up and ready.

I approached one of the local and asked if where can I find the van that will brough me to Floating Market. He checked me receipt and lead me to the van. Surprisingly we're the only asian inside the van. 


An hour away from Khao San Road we finally arrived in Damnoen Saduak.Its advisavble to get here early.Tends to become crowded with tourist.
locals preparing food

As I sat on front of the river all I can see is locals paddling their canoes in the center of the river. Offering a ride. I walked along the 100 meter market. Looking for a souvenir. Use my haggling skill and til now I still cant remember how we understood each other through her calculator.But yes she made her sales.
colorful fruits

 A tour around the village is included with the 200baht we paid at Ris. I got fascinated with Thai traditional way of life.Very simple yet colorful. Huge vases, picture of the king in every houses. It a quarter past 9 am and we are heading back now to Khao San Road. Its warmer and im excited now in our temple tour.  





Tip: I booked my Floating Market Tour at Ris Travel located along Khao San Rd. Got a 50baht discounts for Filipino tourist. 


No comments:

please also read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...