Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thailand Temples

I consider this day as my last day here in Siam because tomorrow noon ill be heading back south.My Thailand trip will not going to be complete without going to the temples.

Lets start the day with my breaky at Mc Donalds . By the way they have 2 types of ketchup spicy Thai ketchup and the American tomato ketchup.

breakfast time before my diy tour


After chewing my burger and fries I started walking towards Golden Mount and Democracy Monument.

Did you know that : 
 An Italian sculptor named Corrado Feroci designed the relief sculptures around the base of the construction. He later became a Thai citizen and changed his name to Silpa Bhirasi.
Democracy Monument between Old Grand Palace Demoand Dusit Palace

Next stop is Loha Prasat.Along Thanon Maha Chai. 

Wat Ratchanaddaram is a buddhist temple located at the intersection between Ratchadamnoen Klang and Maha Chai Road, in Phra Nakhon district, Bangkok. Meaning Royal Niece, the temple was built to the order of King Nangklao (Rama III) for Mom Chao Ying Sommanus Wattanavadi in 1846. The temple is best known for the Loha Prasat (โลหะปราสาท), a multi-tiered structure 36 m high
(source wkipedia)







After Loha Prasat I went to Wat Saket (Golden Mount)
Man made hill with temple on top.  To the reach the top of the Golden Mount, you must ascend an exhausting 318 steps. On a clear day, the view from the top includes old Rattanakosin Island and the rooftops of Bangkok.

inside Wat Saket (golden mount)



Its humid day in Bangkok so imagine me ascending 318steps. TIRING! Golden Mount may not be that notable but the view from top is great.I also saw a lot of Monks in the area.
After Golden Mount my next stop is The Grand Palace.

Im afraid to take the bus thinking I might be lost, so instead i walked from Wat Saket to the Grand Palace. Approximately 2kms I think. Haggard but i get to know some locals. The rain starts to pour so I decided to skip Grand Palace. Sayang!

Its raining =(


After the rain the the temperature dropped at least. I'm so dizzy and hungry at the same time. To pacify my hunger I bought a tea and chips on a corner store across Wat Pho.

Wat Pho or Reclining Buddha is directly adjacent to the Grand Palace. One of the oldest and largest temple in Bangkok. The reclining Buddha statue is the biggest in the world. The southern side is a Buddhist Monastery home of almost a thousand Buddha images.

crowded Wat Pho


Wat Pho Complex South Side


Bangkok in my mind is more than temples and Buddha.It is also home of great food,pleasant people, colorful cultures and rich traditions.Some locals embraces the modern world but still remains their old values. When I come back to Siam I'm hoping to visit Chiang Mai and Ayutthaya (wishful thinking)











No comments:

please also read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...