Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Krung Thai


In the heart of Marikina  lies a hidden restaurant like no other.I visited Krung Thai after my  tiring trip from Coron. A friend of mine invited me over to eat out after a stressful shift. I asserted to eat at Krung Thai in Marikina to make the dine out more exciting. Both of us was not familiar with the place but because of our determination we were able to locate the restaurant.
The facade

At first I didn't recognized it because it was situated in the public market of Sta Elena. I've been reading reviews about Krung Thai on the internet, that aside from it's authentic Thai recipe it was also inexpensive.So let check what it has to offer. =)
Inside Krung Thai
We were the only customer that late afternoon.I didn't pay attention too much on the ambiance i twas just plain and simple. 
The menu
When the waiter  hand to me the menu I already knew what I want. Thai iced tea, pad Thai and crispy catfish.
I'm craving for those food for over a month now. However the waiter went back after 3 minutes informing us  that  the pad Thai is not available.I  scanned the menu again and order the bagoong rice instead.But wait there is another bad news the Thai iced tea was also out of stock. Huh?! impossible, Surely it’s extremely odd but  no choice.

The only consolation was our food served hot and quick. 
Bagoong rice P128


To die for. Tender meat with sweet and sour sauce, egg omelet cooked just right,  green mango strips with nuts and onions and the jasmine rice sauteed in bagoong. Truly delectable.The star of our table.
5 spoons for this dish
Crispy catfish with mango salad was another signature Thai recipe. The serving was good enough for four.This salad appetizer taste sweet, sour, salty, nutty and spicy hot.It was both look and taste good.
Crispy catfish with mango salad P243

Thai spring roll 3pcs P89

No difference with the spring roll serves locally, but for the P89  it was a good deal.We spent around P560, not bad. The only disappointment was the pad thai and thai iced tea but overall t was a nice experience

Krung Thai 
G/F Marikina Public Market, W. Paz cor. M. Cruz 
Sta. Elena Marikina
646-4041 





please also read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...