Pages

Friday, April 3, 2015

The light and spongy Calamansi Cupcake

I've heard about this famous muffin from Boracay, but I haven't tried it myself. When I went to Boracay couple of years back, I tried Jona's milkshake but skip to try this muffin. So for today, I'll bake this sweet sour cupcake.



Fresh from oven!

I was hesitant to bake this cupcake because I can't find an exact recipe that can vouch yumminess and fluffiness.So what I did is, I used the orange cupcake recipe from Kitchentigress then replace the orange by calamansi. I also tweaked the recipe by adding more flour and sugar.. 
Calamansi Cupcake

Light and fluffy =)

Here are the ingredients of Calamansi Cupcake.

10 grams glucose
2 large eggs
50 grams cake flour
50 grams caster sugar
5 pcs calamansi
100 grams corn oil



1.Pre heat oven to 180 degrees. Line the cupcake pan with paper liners.

2. In a mixing bowl, combine glucose, eggs and caster sugar. Beat on high speed for 5 minutes till it       reach ribbon stage. Gradually decrease the speed.

3. Sieve half of the cake flour on the mixing bowl. Using a whisk gently mix the flour till you don't see any lumps.

4. Add the remaining half of the cake flour, whisk gently again till no visible lumps.

5. Stir the corn oil and calamansi juice.

6. Add the calamansi with oil in the batter

7. Using a spatula, slowly scrape and fold the batter until it get's even and till you dont see any       streaks of oil.

8. Bang the mixing bowl twice/ thrice to your worktop to prevent big air bubbles in the batter.

9. Fill almost 90% of  the cupcake liner and bake for 15 minutes. Place the tray on the bottom of the oven.

10. Cool down and serve!





No comments:

please also read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...