Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

Steamed Lapu lapu with lemongrass

I was rushing to the wet market last Maundy Thursday, it's late afternoon and my fridge is still empty. After an hour my basket is half full with fish and veggies. Sadly there no available shrimp or crabs. I was a bit dissapointed.

Anyways, I got lapu lapu and tuna,I also bought some eggplants and a kilo of tomatoes. Oh yeah! 1 kilo of tomatoes. ;) I'll be posting on my next blog why I had to buy a kilo of tomatoes. For today. let me share a delicious recipe that  I adapted from wendyinkk. This dish is truly to die for and perfect for my Lapu lapu. Also, I tweaked it by drizzling sesame oil rather than the regular canola or vegetable oil. Hope you guys will like it =) 


Yummehh!
Here are the ingredients:

2-3 pieces of fish cleaned and scaled 
3 Tbsp of calamansi juice
2tbsp of fish sauce (patis)
5 cloves of garlic minced
1 bird eye chili sliced thinly
4 tbsp of lemongrass cut into 1 inch
1tbsp of sugar 
2 tsp of sesame oil (optional)
pinch of salt
dash of pepper
Aluminum foil

Here's what I did

1. In a small bowl combined fish sauce,calamansi juice, garlic, chili, salt and sugar.

2. Stir to make sure the salt and sugar are dissolved. Set aside.

3. Stuffed some garlic and lemongrass in the fish.

4 .Place the aluminum foil on the plate of the steamer.Arrange some lemongrass on the foil, that will be the   bed of your fish. Add 1 tbsp of the mixture to the fish bed. 

5. Arrange the fish, then add the remaining mixture and the lemongrass on top of the fish. Drizzle with some oil and steam for 20-25 minutes. 

5. Top with chopped cilantro and serve!




No comments:

please also read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...