Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

The Cagsawa Ruins


I bid goodbye to my friends as I walked towards the jeepney.From Daraga Church they decided to go straight to the terminal to catch the bus bound to Manila. It was my abrupt decision to leave them, and the reason is I want to have a glimpse of the Ruins. And,if there is one place in Legazpi I wouldn't like to missed, Cagsawa will be on top of the list.
Cagsawa Ruins and Mt Mayon covered with thick clouds

 Approximately 3kms from Daraga Proper when the driver called my attention. I carefully alighted his congested jeepney.From the junction trikes are available for 20php.



The place is neat and rustic.Tourist are flocked everywhere taking photos of the remnants. Somehow I felt so eerie, to think that thousands of people buried under when they seek refuge inside the church.

After I say my prayers I started taking photos. The locals here are friendly, they took tricky shots of me. 

trick shots in Cagsawa
It is best to pay a visit early in the morning or late in the afternoon. I went there around 4pm. Pasalubongs like t-shirts, abaca slippers and pili nuts are sold in and out the park.





with ruins as my backdrop
How to get to Cagsawa Ruins:

  • Ride a jeep bound to Camalig,Ligao,Libon,Polangui or Guinobatan. From Daraga fare is 10php while if you came from Legazpi fare is 15php.
  • Ask the driver to drop you off at the junction of the highway and the road going to Cagsawa in Barangay Busay, Daraga
  • There's a signage at the right side of the road trike fare is 20php. Entrance fee to the ruins is 10php.



 






No comments:

please also read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...