Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Timeless Calle Crisologo


Welcome to Vigan!
My fondness for heritage and cultural sites brought my fascination in Ilocos Sur.Transporting me back to 1500's is what I felt when I started my morning tour in Calle Crisologo. Century old homes, cobblestones street, terracota bricks and horse drawn carriages are the notable sights in Vigan.From St Paul Cathedral I crossed the road going to the Heritage Site.
Leona Florentino Monument accross is Cafe Leona
Calle Mena Crisologo

The rich history is visible as I passed through the street.The well preserved colonial houses and its peculiar architecture reveals the prosperous trading industry between Spanish and Mexican colonizers that transpired over a century ago.
Colonial House Calle Crisologo
Bahay na Bato( stone house) Calle Crisologo
rustic bench along Calle Crisologo

Presently, merchandisers selling affordable souvenirs and antiques are situated along Calle Crisologo.
Cordillera Hotel owned by the Crisologo's is also laid along the street. While for the authentic Ilocano cuisine Cafe Leona is the place to be. Recognized for their Bagnet with KBL and Pinakbet this rustic restaurant will make you reminisce the Spanish Era.


affordable souvenirs along Calle Crisologo
Salamat sa camera timer =)

I missed to witness Calle Crisologo at night since I have to travel up north but, that give me a reason to go back.

Horse drawn carriages is definetly a hit to visit attractions around the villages. I paid 300php for a two hour ride. At around ten in the morning he dropped me in front of Henady Inn where I spent my first night in the Ilocos Region.

TIP:
  • To tour around the villages calesa ride will cost you 150php per hour.
  • From Partas bus station the trike ride is only 20php to any hotel.
  • Empanada is a must try with a distinct taste of sukang iloco 65php per piece




No comments:

please also read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...