Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

I heart Manila

I can't remember the last time I went to Quiapo, but I got excited when hubby asked me to come with him and pay a visit to Hidalgo. Well, it was not really that far from where I lived but its tiring to pay a visit. Heavy pollution was a big factor.Anyways let skip the sad part. I knew that the local government was doing something about pollution.
Quiapo Church
We arrived before noon and hubby go straight to the shop right next to Quiapo church that sells wholesale mobile phone parts. He broke something on his brother's mobile phone. And I went to the Black Nazarene to say a little prayer.

After buying the mobile phone parts we went straight to Ma Mon Luk. At first I was hesitant to enter inside the restaurant.It was gloomy and ind im sorry but the place looks very untidy.My husband asked me why I feel so uncomfortable.I looked around and I whisper to him "malinis ba dito?" He laughed at me and said YES.He said the reason maybe the management didnt renovate the place was because to preserve it's original look.And I agree to that.
Menu


Special  Siopao

Special Mami


awesome taste!
In less than 5 minutes the waiter went back serving our special mami and special siopao.The smell so yummy, the serving was also big enough for two.Honestly I enjoyed the food. It may not be a fancy restaurant but the taste compensated everything. This is the best mami I ever tasted so far.
The Old Post Office Building
After our merienda I asked hubby to buy hopia from eng bee tin in Binondo. Unfortunately we both got confused on our way to Binondo so we ended up in the Intramuros area. I took some pictures inside Intramuros. The Manila Cathedral and the San Agustin Church before we called it a day .
Manila Cathedral
San Agustin Church

please also read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...