Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cocina Juan

I was surprised when my hubby asked me out for lunch last Friday, he said he want to unwind a little. I gladly agreed and made up  a decision on my mind if where I am going to take him. There was this tiny restaurant along Maginhawa St. in UP Village called Cocina Juan.
welcome to Cocina Juan Ü
We arrived around 2pm. The warm painting greeted me as I entered with a very relaxing music.The place maybe little but the atmosphere was cozy.They serve Central American food with distinct taste. 
Inside Cocina Juan at Maginhawa St
Pasta Chimichurri was served hot and al dente.It was a cream based pasta with corn kernels that added sweetness to its unique taste.The  serving is also good enough for two.
Pasta Chimichurri fo P145
It was not an ordinary pizza as they used soft tortilla as a dough. It was incredibly delicious.The flavors blend well as I bit the thin pita pizza. It was absolutely the highlight of our table.The serving is ample and good enough for sharing. 
Pita Pizza  two thumbs up Ü
To wrap up my Central American pleasure, the good looking owner gave us a complimentary dessert.Sopa Borracha A deliciously sweet dessert from Panama. It is sponge cake soaked in sweet syrup and rum, with prunes and vanilla ice cream on top. Heavenly right? 
my tipsy dessert Sopa Borracha
For a different twist this humble restaurant is highly recommended. It will satisfy any picky palate. 

please also read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...