Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Coron Palawan Chasing Sunset



The three days stay in Coron was really not enough :( Originally we are a group of four, however for some strange reasons they all backed out.Too bad, but I don't have a choice but to continue the trip.

Three month's prior I've contacted Miss Mai of Krystal Lodge and booked 2 nights for our accommodations,She was very helpful and pleasant all the time over the phone. I cannot just cancel it. Not on the last minute, you see everything is well organized. From the tours up to the accommodations, even the the land transfer. I've exerted too much efforts not to say the amount of money I spent to topped up my cellphone and call them one by one for couple of times.So, I really cannot let this opportunity pass not this time.

God was so good, I was praying to keep me safe all the time especially when Im in Coron. But instead he gave a travel buddy Niko, my team mate. =) now I will not get bored and I will also have someone to share my expenses. Yey!!!
me and niko =)

I left home at exactly 5am. Honestly I don't have extra to spare.I'm on a tight budget. I only have 2500 pesos in my pocket.Good luck to me =), so riding the cab is a big no-no. I rode fx instead for 25 pesos ( novaliches to trinoma). Good thing i have my MRT card ( I borrowed from my sister) so I saved 15 pesos. From, Pasay taft I hailed a jeepney and specifically asked the driver if it will passed NAIA terminal 3, he nodded and I hopped in.Im running late on my
7:00am flight, its already 6:15. At exactly 6:20 im already inside the airport, but niko was nowhere to found. I texted him twice he never replied back im so pissed that he will not show up. Its already 6:45 when he texted me "sorry " im on my way. Shucks, I knew it. He's late and he was always like that . I approached the airphil staff and asked if there is any changes on my Busuanga flight. He said it was delayed. Yay!!

Glance of Coron


Aerial view

I've waited for 3 more hours, but that was all obviated when I saw the aerial view of Coron. It was stunning. I'm so excited!It only took 40 minutes from Manila to Busuanga . After we disembarked there was a shuttle parked outside the airport that will transfer tourists and locals to Coron town proper. I paid 150.00 for the transfer. The journey going to the town was scenic. I was so impressed.

road that leads to town proper

The driver was very accommodating . He said we will surely enjoy Coron. He dropped us in front of a narrow lane, he said go towards the lane and until we reach Krystal Lodge. We walked towards the wooden bridges and we saw Krystal lodge.The hut was situated in the sea. It was well ventilated and spacious. The price was inexpensive too. For 600 pesos per night with free wifi and overflowing coffee and tea I can say it was a good deal.

The alley going to the lodge

Our cottage

Hammock inside our cottage

Dining area



our comfy room P600 /day



Coron Boulevard
Mai met us on on the lobby, She greeted us warmly and hand us the key of our room. It was well decorated.Native style with a mosquito net. Very lovely. Niko and I didn't wasted any of our time. We headed to the local market to find something to eat. We walked inside a small eatery, I ordered eggplant omelet (P20) 1 rice (P10) and a bottle of coke (P10.00).After our late lunch we went back to the lodge to rest for a while. We had a little chat with the owner Aling Cely. She told us how the lodge started way back 1994. Eventually we are so lucky because she just got back from New York couple of days ago. She even gave us a bar of chocolate. Weeeee!!!!

Mt Tapyas

By 4pm Niko and I went to hike Mt Tapyas. The highest peak of Coron. We gave ourselves 2 hours to climb MtTapyas. The road that leads to the stair was so steep haaay. According to Mai it was a total of 700 steps. Gosh so tiring, It's a battle of fittest. And not to mentioned the endurance. The beautiful glowing sun set slowly bidding goodbye to me.

chasing sunset
I made it before sunset
my sunset shot

It took me 1 hour and a half but its all worth it. The view from the top was spectacular. In addition the sunset view was magnificent!Looking around I can now see couple of people witnessing the glittering sunset. We stayed until 6pm, after I regained my strenght we heeded down to visit Maquinit hot spring.Mai also mentioned that it will be best to pay a visit to Maquinit hot spring after a tiring trek. She also mentioned that we need to rent a trike because the hot spring is located in Barrio Maquinit around 30 minutes from the town. The driver will also wait for us outside. Trike (P300.00) entrance at Maquinit Hot spring (P100.00)
it was really hot about 38 degrees

The soothing temperature in the hot spring is enough to relax my tired feet and legs. Afterwards we went to Kawayanan Grill as per recommendation by our trike driver.The food was okay, for me there was really nothing special with the food but the ambience is superb. The food is costly too. We ordered Kare kare(P250) rice (P20) Pitcher of iced tea ( P180).

iced tea P180.00
inside kawayanana grill


dinner inside bamboo cottage


Though it was an expensive dinner I guessed we both deserved it after a long and tiring day.
That concludes our day 1.
for my 2nd day in Coron click me 


Summary of expenses (2500)

Fx from Novaliches P25

Jeep from Taft to NAIA P7.00
Terminal fee P200.00
Land transfer P150.00
Late lunch P40.00
Bottled water P20.00
trike rental P300.00 /2 P150.00 each
maquinit hotspring entrance P100.00
dinner at kawayann grill
kare kare P250.00 /2 = 125 each
rice 20.00
iced tea P180.00/2 90.00 each
total expenses P827.00 for Day 1

I still have P1673 to spend tomorrow
Krystal Lodge Coron Palawan (under new management)

contact Krystal Langit 0949-4922379

Land Transfer Kuya Johnvic - 0921-2727862

City Tour contact Ador 0909-9386526



I highly recommended them all. They all played a major role for this day 1 tour .All of them are courteous and decent.


please also read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...