Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Begginner's tools for Baking

This post is somewhat helpful if you like to bake but a bit hesitant because you are not equipped with proper tools. As I get myself into baking lately, I realized that it is something enjoyable and fulfilling.

If baking is what your heart desire but having second thoughts bcause of the tool's price, fret not. Here's a basic list to jump start your new hobby. :) 

Of course you need an oven to bake so I will not include that on the list. 


Bowls

Mixing bowls - when I started baking I only have the white ceramic bowl. It's okay at the beginning since I'm just baking cookies.But when I tried out to bake some cakes I can't fold my batter so I have to buy bigger ones. I bought the stainless mixing bowl at SM for 149.75.


cooling rack | wooden spoon | rubber spatulas | whisk



I was so excited to bake the first time that I use fork to mix my batter.And it's a flop ! :(
In baking it is essential to buy a whisk and spatula. Whisk is to properly mix or fold the batter and the spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl to mix all ingredients together.


measuring cups and spoons


Sadly baking isn't a guessing game.All measurement of ingredients should be accurate. Accuracy is the key to bake a tasty and mouthwatering recipes. I scored my measuring cups and spoons at SM for 49.75.

Baking Pans



I started with the muffin pan then my loaf pans and so on. You don't need to panic buying when it comes to baking pans I'm just a little OA when it comes to mine. Baking pan ofcourse will depends on what you would like to bake. So think first before purchasing a new pan. 






Other essential tool is hand mixer. But if you have a strong arms then just go for the manual mixing. :) 

No comments:

please also read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...